Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Craziness

So this feels like the craziest and busiest four days of my life! For all of you who knew that I was a little freaked out about flying, you'll be glad to know that the flight was amazing!! I had such a great time crushing on the male British flight attendents with their accents!





This is supposed to be me freaking out and sobbing as the plane takes off, and Sharon looking annoyed. In fact, all I did was hold her arm.





I didn't get much sleep though, and from the time we arrived on Saturday we never stopped. I was so exhausted, I kept saying to myself, "What was I thinking??" but after a long 10 hour sleep, I felt so much better and have't looked back since!
Sharon and I live together, we have our own "studio" (apartment) that is connected to our hostess' house by a little path. We have a living room, kitchen, and bathroom, even a washing machine, which here always seem to be tiny things found in the kitchen. We love the independence (everyone else lives with their hosts), we just had a bunch of people over tonight.
We've been to Oxford and given the grand tour as well as had a few classes, we are here for school after all! Oxford is an amazing city, so many old buildings with beautiful architecture!
This is Laura, the humble subject, kissing my ring as I stand at my throne. This is the throne seat in Convocation Hall at the Bodleian Library where Charles I held parliament during the English Civil War, so where I am standing he once stood!!! This is also the room where I had to swear not to light a fire, among other things, in the library in order to be given a library card that gives me access to 12 million books and counting - a copy of every book published in England since the 1600s.
Last night, we went to see Richard II in Stratford, it was another of what will likely be many amazing experiences in the next three months. I have so many stories to share already, but I don't want to make this unbearably long so I will stop there for now.
A little P.S.: I justed want to say that although its been cloudy, it has been about 13 C since we arrived! I think it's a little colder at home? HAHA! It has only poured out twice, and one time there was even a thunderstorm, but I haven't had to use my umbrella yet!! (Here in England, no one uses their umbrella when it's only drizzling).

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah, glad to hear you're safe and sound! Sweet news about your living arrangement for the 3 months! Score!!
Can't wait to hear and see more Jodi.
ps. you should go to you settings and click to allow anonymous comments so people don't have to get blog accounts to comment on your posts!! unless you don't want comments from anyone but cool people wiht blogs!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi! Glad you had such an enjoyable flight! Sounds like you have a wonderful place to stay. Enjoy every experience!
Love Aunt Evelina & Uncle Henry