Monday, March 3, 2008

Better Late Than Never!

So it’s been a long while since I updated my blog. I’m sure some of you have probably given up on me and have stopped checking in. If so, I harbour no ill will and take full responsibility! My excuse was that it was the end of the first half of the term and I was really busy writing papers and studying for exams! I have proof to: here’s a picture of me writing an essay at the station while waiting for the delayed train to show up.

So here’s a brief update: I got to get all dressed up and go to Formal Hall at Regent’s Park which is basically a really formal dinner. Sharon and I really pumped about dressing up!I was supposed to be striking model poses, but I can't. This was my best effort.

Heather is mad because she is left out. Poor Heather.
Then we went to Stratford and visited Anne Hathaway’s house (she’s Shakespeare’s wife), Shakespeare’s birthplace, and a couple other Shakespeare related places, including the church he is buried in. I didn't include any pictures, because they're houses, and not that exciting unless you 've been in them and know what they're all about. However, I include this Stonehenge-esque picture.


On the way home we stopped at the Rollright Stones, a perfect circle of rocks which is apparently an army of King's men turned to stone by a witch.

For Valentine’s Day we held a talent night of sorts in which Sharon and I created a collage of Bible verses about love, we were rather liberal in our adaptation at times, but it sounded nice when we read it!

I helped Sharon man the bar, and Laura just wanted to be in a picture. As you can see, she wouldn't have been cut out for the job anyway, because she forgets that the juice is supposed to be poured into a glass and not onto the floor.

The next two days were stress filled exam days, but after our exam on Saturday we went on a CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien themed tour of Oxford.

A nice view from along Addison's Walk, the path on which CS Lewis became a Christian.

Then the next four days were dedicated to writing essays, which may have turned into more like two days, because I may have, perhaps procrastinated a little (sheepish grin).
So that was brief two week run down. I hope it suffices.

No comments: