Thursday, March 20, 2008

For all of you who thought I was over here studying. . .

Too much fun best describes this past weekend! On Friday the entire group (sans Tim and Beth, who spent the weekend in Dublin) got together for a Boggle Tournament. A bunch of English students playing Boggle was a lot more hilarious and a lot less nerdy than it sounds, trust me! I totally bombed, by the way. . . I think I found three words.
The peeps pumped for games and enjoying the fruit tray Gabby made. She's a sweet hostess!

Heat # 2 in the Boggle tournament- feel the tension??

Boggle gave way to a passionate game of Password, although passionate may be a bit of an understatement (see video on Laura’s blog).My team won, by the way- both times! The night ended with a three hour discussion about everything and anything which ended at about 1:30 in the morning. Then I slept over at Laura’s and did nothing all morning until it was time to play some soccer and soccer-baseball in the rain for a couple hours. For some reason soccer tends to coincide with rain for us, but we are way to die hard to care! I’m pretty sure the village thinks they’ve got more than enough idiots. After that we warmed up with hot chocolate and watched I Am Sam and then decided we needed to have breakfast for supper which turned into a bit of an ordeal (people running around in the literally pouring rain looking for ingredients and then making pancakes without a recipe). But as always, it was worth it.

The chefs. I look awful, but I'd like to blame it on the rain and the bacon grease.
Sunday was supposed to be a productive day but Laura and I spent most of it planning our St. Patrick’s Day party for Monday night. One of the several highlights of the day (wink,wink-Laura) was when Sharon arrived home from her cousin’s in London with her Mom in tow! She surprised Sharon! Also awesome was the goodies Mrs Heuving brought me from Mom and Dad- which included more peanut butter, of course!!
Monday was St. Patty's Day. Our party was a smashing success with food, games, poetry, story telling, and we even had our very own DJ O'Reilly (aka Alisha) who mixed up some Irish music for us! The pictures say it all!

The spread. It included punch, strawberries, veggies and dip, m&m's, skittles, chocolates, popcorn, crisps/chips and cake!

The hostesses. I was also the bouncer.

No, we are not praying. SOMEBODY was peeking during Mafia!


Team 'Better Than Couch' (as opposed to 'Team Couch'), minus Alisha. Best team ever! I'm pretty sure we practically won Cranium. Actually, we would have if Mark knew how to draw a flower girl.

We couldn't believe how divine the cake was. Sharon couldn't stop eating for the picture, it was just that good!

Us giving the peace sign. Because.

So that was last weekend. Tomorrow we're heading up to spend this Easter weekend in Stourhead where we pretty much get to do what we want, so I'll probably use these next four days to do school work.

1 comment:

laura love said...

remember when i fell in the river?